Saturday 6 October 2012

Tierney Gearon

Tierney Gearon's double-exposure photographs evoke feelings of childhood memories and family life. I find Gearon's photographs very positive with their bright colours and beautiful backdrops, relating to idyllic childhood memories. The bright colours seem to represent a child's view of the world - one innocence and happiness. I have been interested in portraying the ideals of childhood in my previous work. I am still very much interested in portraying memories, but of shared experiences of a more recent time; of contemporary life. My work tends to be of positive memories like Gearon's though, which is something I want to continue. I like my work to be quite lighthearted, concerned with experiences of the every day that most of us share. Gearon's use of double-exposure means that the images blur into eachother, relating to confused memories, which is a technique I could use in my own work. I like the idea of layering images together, however, I am more interested in doing this in a more 3-dimensional way so that the images physically overlap. I like using a range of different papers and media, as a way of enhancing the idea that the memory is fragmented, so the best way of me creating overlapping images is in a physical way rather than a digital one.

No comments:

Post a Comment